Things to note
- Because of the nature of some of our products, this website is meant for adults that are 18 and older.
- Your data is stored in ‘Murica. Our database servers (while residing somewhere in Amazon LLC’s server farms), are supposedly (to the best of our knowledge) located in the United States of America – the greatest country in the world. If you don’t agree with the last statement, or where we store your information, the internet is filled with an abundance of different options for you to choose from.
- We make use of content delivery networks that have servers outside of the United States. These servers are used to deliver static content so that our website loads faster for you – they do not store your personal information.
- There is a distinction between personal information (that can identify you) and aggregated information (that you cannot reasonably be identified from) which is used for metrics, analytics, etc.
Information we collect
- Your personal information (or at least a limited amount of it). We want to know who we sell products to and provide services to – otherwise we can’t ship your stuff (and bill you)! We collect this when you register or make a purchase. This includes everything from your name and shipping information to your IP and email address.
- Your activity. We want to know how to improve our services based on what you are interested in. A lot of companies do this, and the ones that have done it well like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, etc. are at the top of their game and that’s because they sell products and services that people want.
- Your location. We want to know where our customer base is located.
- We do not store credit card numbers! We use Stripe and PayPal for that – which are generally reliable and widely used payment gateways and we are not affiliated with them.
- You and everyone else can post comments and reviews on our products and on our blog pages. We are not responsible for the content that is posted by third parties in this way. We will do our best to moderate this content and reserve the right to remove any content provided by third parties.
How we use this information
- To protect you (and us) from fraud. This means that in the event of an investigation we may share your information with law enforcement or governmental agencies (including but not limited to the ATF, FBI, CIA, NSA, etc.) So please for your sake and ours, don’t do anything Unamerican!
- To bug you with emails about your transactions, and our awesome newsletter.
- For your convenience and to learn more about you. We may store cookies on your machine to help with an easier sign-in process, or a preferred shipping method, but also to learn more about what products you are most interested in. It’s likely that not all cookies belong to us as we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that help us understand your activity.
- One of the biggest things to take away is that most companies will go to great lengths in order to understand you – for example, whenever you see a website where you can login with your Facebook profile, if you choose to do so, it’s likely that the website then has access to personal information from your Facebook profile such as your Facebook likes. We don’t use any services that do not adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s practices for privacy. Check out this tool that will help you identify cookies in your browser and teach you how they are used http://optout.aboutads.info/. Another great tool is http://optout.networkadvertising.org/.
- We don’t sell your information. However, if our company gets acquired or merged with another company, your information will probably go with it.
How safe is your information
Your security is our priority. Why would you think we skimp out on securing your information on our website?
- We only use HTTPS (encrypted communication between your browser and our servers) and if your browser allows we use TLS1.3 (latest encryption protocol to secure the communication). Check our SSL certificate here: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=cazaguns.com&latest
- We use Amazon Web Services for hosting in a contained (non-shared) environment.
- We have several firewalls.
- We use CloudFlare to prevent hackers from DDOSing our site.
- We always keep our software up-to-date.
- We take daily backups and store them offsite.
That being said, no website is fully secure and with the right amount of determination, any website can be hacked. We do not guarantee against hacks (and you should not believe anyone who says their website is impenetrable), but we do take reasonable precautions to minimize the risk of your information getting into the hands of the wrong people.
Agreement, changes, and contact
Anytime you use CazaGuns.com, you signify your acceptance of this latest version of the Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not submit any personal information to us through our website.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement. Changes will be communicated on our site or via email.
If you have any suggestions or concerns in regards to how information is being collected or used on CazaGuns.com please email us at [email protected].
Thank you very much, we hope you enjoyed reading our Privacy Statement and we look forward to helping fulfill your security and defense needs.
Effective Date: January 5th, 2018
Copyright © 2020 CazaGuns.com, Caza Guns LLC